The Resonance of Eorzea

Sunday, December 9, 2018

New Dev Blog Post - Better U and I... plus an Interview.

Indeed, Ridrina from the FFXIV Community Team updated the Dev blog with some excellent quality of life improvements which include updates to the Mount and Minion Roulette, the HUD transparency settings and even filters to the Challenge logs.

This is fantastic news and I see this as an absolutely brilliant addition to the HUD system





To be introduced in patch 4.5, we will now be able to use the roulette options in a manner that will allow us to only select from those marked as our favorites... this is quite spiffy.



In addition, we will be able to have the feature of setting the transparency of the individual HUD elements in the layout settings.



That's not all... the following filters will also be added to the Challenge Log, t
Display All
Display Complete
Display Incomplete




Moving along, there was also an Interview with Dengeki Online with Yoshida and Nakagawa, who is the lead battle content designer for FFXI.   Mush was discussed about the concepts,  critical direction, dynamics, player thoughts and general rationale behind the Dev Team's development of Eureka... its an excellent read and worth the time.  I found the article exceptionally insightful since I have always been very vocal in game and on the official forums about how much I disliked Pagos... and this helped explain many issues; including design opportunities for the future.

Also please note that the source of translation is HERE (initially done by Ram#5923@Discord)... much appreciated Ram!   Appreciation to Tsunari96 on Reddit for posting this and the translation is also compiled HERE, so thank you!

More news to come later on... need to upload my screenshots and establish my updated sequence of events of what I've been up to in-game.

In the meantime, here you go Amelia... I finally found you updated and much clearer versions of both renderings of the song from when I first posted it up for you back in 2010.  Just let me know if these sound better for you and I'll update them onto the playlist.









No comments:

Post a Comment